Hey Mama! And welcome to episode #84 of the Life by Design Podcast with Allison Hardy!
Today I’m interviewing Pinterest strategist, Rachel Ngom.
Rachel Ngom is a Pinterest strategist who’s used Pinterest to generate over 20,000 free leads into her business. Her Pinterest account gets over 1,000,000 monthly viewers and increased her blog traffic by 34,000 per month. She went from being on food stamps with negative $400 in her checking account to a multiple 6-figure online business. It’s now her mission to share her pinning secrets with other female entrepreneurs so they can monetize their passion and live out their purpose.
Rachel has lived in Kenya, met her husband in Senegal, got married in Morocco, and now lives in France.
- Our kids are watching us, involve them in your business! If they want to help, let them help. They are modeling our behavior.
- Being intentional with our time creates a family culture of priority. Working while your kids are around has to happen sometimes, but consider the messages we are sending to them.
- Rachel has generated over 20,000 leads for free by using Pinterest.
- Pins show up on Google.
- Keyword strategy helps you to dominate certain terms that are searched.
- You don’t have to create traditional blog posts to be able to utilize Pinterest, consider taking content that you already produce on a regular basis (FB Lives, podcast episodes, etc.) and upload them to your blog.
- There are going to be times when you are super invested in your business and it’s going to feel a little out of whack. But then there is going to be times when you know you need to take a little bit of a step back and invest more into family stuff.
- Ideally you’ll get to a point when you automate and you have systems in place, and that’s when you can really take a step back and work less.
- The most important thing you need to understand when it comes to Pinterest is that it is a search engine, think of it like a visual Google.
Thank you so much for listening to Rachel's interview! I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's episode, comment below with your biggest takeaway.
And if you loved today's interview, please head to Apple Podcasts and give the podcast a rating and a review. The more ratings and reviews we get, the more mompreneurs we can reach just like you! Click here to leave a review. Tag me on Instagram and I'll be sure to give you a shoutout!